Friday, August 12, 2011

The Many Forms of Abundance

I have to remind myself sometimes that abundance really does come in different forms; that we have to recognize it, and appreciate it, even as we were looking for it in a totally different place. Sound a little too "zen" for everyday application? Well, here's a for instance.

I've been struggling with some health issues lately and feeling like my earning power has been compromised. Thinking in negative terms of what I don't have right now, I found I wasn't able to attract any kind of wealth. Yet the universe wouldn't leave it alone: friends came out of the woodwork, sending cards and e-messages and calling even when I didn't call back. I began to feel wealthy, counting my richness not in dollars but in relationships. And that was the first step toward inviting abundance back into my life. With a new appreciation came a re-adjusted attitude.

Suddenly, I was able to find the energy and determination to complete the re-release of my gift-giving book -- Giving with Meaning -- in both paperback, Kindle and Nook and get my novels out on Smashwords for e-readers.  Certainly, that's abundance in no small manner. And I even stumbled across a wonderful review of my Dancing Under the Full Moon Book. Next, a new editing job came my way!!

It all started with an adjustment in appreciation, knowing that our lives are made richer by all kinds of wealth. Thanks to everyone who helped me see this, and thank you all-giving universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment